Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving Dear Friends!

We truly love this time of the year not only because of the color change as the seasons change but also we hear spoken more than ever the word Thanksgiving. Even the TV will have programs about being thankful. Most of us know that Thanksgiving is a daily thought that should be a lifestyle but unfortunately that isn’t always true. What is Thanksgiving all about? We know the stories of the first Thanksgiving involving the Pilgrims and the Indians but do we know the story that should bring us to our knees in thankfulness every moment of the day. We have seen this story portrayed in many ways but the way I would like to portray it is through the Word of God. John 3:16 says:
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
That is such wonderful news and we should be so eternally grateful for this gift. Jesus, God’s Son, is our Savior and Lord! It is too exciting for words sometimes!
Another verse of thanksgiving is: “Psalm 95:2-3, Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms." Sing praises to His Holy Name! Our God Reigns! Verse 3 says “For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.” In Philippians 4:6-7 it says: “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Do not worry about anything but in all things as you make requests of God through prayer be thankful and praise His name. When you awaken in the morning be thankful for the air you breathe, the food you eat that He has provided, the family He has given you and the love that you can share with your family and with others that day. Our Father has given us so much and we so often do not stop to say “Thank You”.
Let your heart soar to new heights this holiday season as you reflect on the goodness of God and the truth of His Word. Spend time in His Word and come to know this wonderful Savior and Lord Jesus Christ in an intimate and personal way. He loves you very much and He showed that love by giving His life for you. He lives today to intercede for you to His Father. Oh, we have so much for which to be Thankful!

Have a blessed and joyous Thanksgiving!

Charley & Karen


Thought for Today!

I envied her, she seemed so gay, and I wished I were as fair.
When suddenly she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle.
She had one foot and used a crutch, but as she passed, she had a smile.
Oh, God forgive me when I whine, I have two feet, the world is mine.

And when I stopped to buy some sweets,
The lad who sold them had such charm.
I talked with him, he said to me.
It’s nice to talk to men like you,
You see he said, ‘I’m blind’.
Oh, God forgive me when I whine, I have two eyes, the world is mine.

Then as I passed along the way,
I saw a child with eyes of blue,
He stood and watched the others play,
It seemed he knew not what to say.
I stopped for a moment, and then I said
“Why don’t you join the others, dear?”
He looked ahead without a word, and then I knew he could not hear.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine, I have two ears, the world is mine.

With feet to take me where I go
With eyes to see the sunsets glow
With ears to hear what I would know
I’m blessed indeed, the world is mine
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.

Author Unknown

No comments: