Wednesday, March 03, 2010

His Workmanship

Ephesians 2:10 NKJV

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

NLT

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

On Saturday evenings we gather with our house church to eat a delicious meal and enjoy a time of worship, praise, fellowship and study. We never know for sure what Father has planned because the only agenda we have is HIS agenda. Yes, it is our desire that the Holy Spirit lead, guide and direct our times together. We are truly a family, a community of believers, always open for new people to come and join in all that Father does. Our study has been led by the Holy Spirit to Ephesians. Most Saturdays will find us deep in the Word seeking Father’s wisdom to know what He is saying to us through the scripture. As we have read and shared insights, one word has stood out to me and that is workmanship. Praying and asking Father what to share on this blog has brought this word to my heart. We are His, our Father’s workmanship. Another word for workmanship is masterpiece. A definition also would be a product, a design produced by an artisan. Who is the artisan, our Father! Who or what is the masterpiece or product or design, US! WE are HIS workmanship, His masterpiece and His Design! I don’t know about you but that thrills my heart to know that He created me according to His good pleasure. He will use my life for His honor and glory and for His perfect purposes. My study also showed me that we are God’s poem, His work of art. We are His song and His precious child. That just blesses me big time! I love my Lord and to know He loves me that much and He has put so much time into my life, brings great joy. That is something that each of us needs to absorb into our mind and hearts, and let it become a part of who we are. We talk with so many people who have such a low view of themselves. They see no value in their lives. It can be from failures or from curses that others have spoken over them. That is ‘stinking thinking’ to me. Listen to what the Word says in Psalm 139:13-18 NLT:

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—and how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up in the morning, you are still with me!

This is one of my favorite scriptures. Let the Lord bathe you with His Word and bring His unconditional love into your heart, mind and soul so that you will know to know that YOU are HIS WORKMANSHIP, HIS MASTERPIECE, HIS DESIGN, HIS SON OR DAUGHTER, and HIS JOY!

We love you,

Charley & Karen

No comments: